IMBAK CANYON (4 DAYS 3 NIGHT)
It takes 5-6 hour drive from KK to Telupid town is on paved road, the rest on gravel & muddy road, which can be steep and muddy and only accessible by 4-Wheel Drive (4WD), some loves this and call this an adventure. The most famous attraction of Imbak Canyon is the Imbak Waterfall. Imbak Waterfall is only 10 KM away from Tampoi Camp, but it took us more than an hour to get there, due to the steep and slippery road. Imbak Waterall is the most popular attraction of Imbak Canyon, but the real gem is the virgin forest and the area is a sanctuary for a wide range of wildlife. The other attraction is the Mt. Kuli and Kuli Waterfalls also known as the Maya falls and this place has just been discovered.
• Visit Traditional houses (Dusun/Rungus/Lundayeh/Bajau/Murut)
• Cultural Dances
• Traditional and Fusion Cuisine
- Pick up at Sandakan airport/ hotel
- Transfer vehicle to 4WD to the telupid (its take 2-3 hour depending on weather and road condition.)
- Arrive at Tampoi camp & check in to lodge.
- Night walk around the base camp
- Overnight at Tampoi camp.
- Wake up early
- Jungle trek at Big Belian Nature Trail & Kapur Hollow tree
- Lunch (packed lunch given)
- Continue to imbak river & imbak canyon waterfalls
- Headback to base camp
- Night drive to see noctural wildlife (*optional)
- Go to an evening star trail when the sky is clear (*optional for photographer)
- Overnight in Tampoi camp.
- Wakeup early
- Board 4WD for short drive
- Headed to kuli camp by walk along the dirt track
- Arrive to Kuli Research Camp
- Go to the Mt. Kuli (optional) & Kuli Waterfalls (Maya Falls)
- Dinner in the camp
- Night walk to search for wildlife
- Return to the base camp (*sleep deep in the heart of rainforest)
- Overnight at Kuli camping site.
- Headed back to Kuli Research Camp
- Ready to depart from Kuli Research Camp to Sandakan
- Drive back to sandakan airport/hotel
Return transfer Airport/hotel, Meals & Accommodation
Overnight clothes, insect repellent, sun block lotion, rain coat & hat, waterproof bag for storing your camera & your valuable item, slippers or shoes
3 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 4 Dinner
For custom tour arrangement, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org