4 DAYS 3 NIGHT (DERAMAKOT)
Deramakot is rich in wildlife with 75% of Sabah’s mammal species found within its 55,507 hectares of mixed dipterocarp forest. Deramakot is a logging area with the forest set side for conservation and set side for the reduced impact logging. Although it is a logging concession Deramakot is one of Sabah’s best wildlife watching destinations.
- Challenging & Bumpy road to Deramakot
- Jungle trekking
- Pick up at Sandakan Airport/ Hotel and transfer to telupid using 4WD (Sandakan to Telupid is 190KM)
- Continue the journey 2-3 hour(*70 km bumpy gravel track) to the DERAMAKOT FOREST RESERVE.
- Arrive in DERAMAKOT. The exact time will depend on road condition & the weather.
- Check in to the lodge.
- Go short walk near the base station to observe the wildlife
- Enjoy dinner
- Overnight at DERAMAKOT lodge.
- Wake up early to pre dawn wildlife drive.(*its the best opportunity to the photographer to capture beautiful view of misty rainforest)
- Return to lodge breakfast
- After breakfast free at your own leisure (*prepare for the jungle trekking)
- Jungle trekking to the Deramakot jungle (*setting the camera trap in wildlife hotspots)
- Night safari in search of Noctural Wildlife
- Overnight at Deramakot camping site.
- Wakeup early
- Jungle walk in nature trail and pick up the camera trap
- Headed back to lodge
- Short night walk and watching the captured animal in the camera.
- Overnight in lodge.
- Wake up early for a morning walk
- Check out
Drive back to Sandakan Airport/ Hotel
Return transfer Airport/hotel, Meals & Accommodation
Overnight clothes, insect repellent, sun block lotion, rain coat & hat, waterproof bag for storing your camera & your valuable item, slippers or shoes
3 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner
For custom tour arrangement, please email to email@example.com